Decision Made! What? When did this happen? I know it’s been a while since I took the time to write out something about our plans. Partially because we have been super busy and some things took much longer then expected so we weren’t sure what was happening. We also had some changes in the family that had us questioning our decisions. The quick catch up:
- June – accepted offer on the house, Paul ruptured his Achilles.
- July – sold trailer, truck, passed home inspection. Paul is in a boot and needed driving around, Helen searches for apartments and packs.
- August – moved from larger 3 bedroom home to 1 bedroom apartment. The movers found Paul’s lost watch in sofa. Paul still driven to work which was considered in the apartment search. We needed a place close enough to make the quick walk to and from work for dropping him off and picking him up. Reminded about Calgary’s tendency to go overboard on summer road construction. There was no need to have the train tracks and fire hall so close. Find out Helen’s Dad has lung cancer. Determined the balcony has a supernatural presence.
- September – do we go? Meeting with Financial people to see how much this will affect our future? Do we want to leave family now? Paul is a Kijiji King and selling things like crazy. He finally got the boot off and is able to start driving himself after a week!!! Ironically the construction I had battled through on the roads ended… sigh. Suspect banshee is living on the balcony.
- October – finally agree to sell the dining, end and side tables that Paul made… this was a big one for me. After several long considerations, potential regrets and random musings we decide to continue with our plans. There are a lot of unknown factors and if we let them stop us now, we may never follow through with our dream. Still avoiding the haunted balcony. Families consulted and all approved.